April 11, 2011

Modeling Tip Sharing

As a junior modeler, I always had hard time when I don't have enough reference pictures (up, side, front view)

This time, I only found this up reference picture as image plane. But I also found several photos as reference.   

So, I decide to use a lazy way to make a well-topology model.  











First, from the image plane, I build a base model for sea turtle.  
 And export the model into ZBrush to do a quick 3D sketch  


Using polypaint tool to do the topology plan

then re-topology the model 

Now, I have a well-topology model, but I need to unwrap it. 
Also, I use a lazy way to unwrap it.  
After exporting back to Maya, I extract the model into arms, legs, heads, mouth, body and tail.  

After export the model back to ZBrush, I use the UV master to unwrap the model.

In a second, I got the great UV layout (of course I need to adjust the layout in Maya)







2 意見:

Insipidus said...

How did you get your turtle to look so clean and detailed? Do you need a high-end computer to do this? What are the "Active Points Count" on each subtool, if you don't mind me asking.

This looks really good. Definitely striving to be as good as you one day ;)

Hugo said...

Sorry for late reply.
I use my notebook to draw it. It's just a OK computer.
In fact, I only divided this model in subtool as body and eyeballs.

It's not clean but detailed enough for game-play res normal map.

good luck to you as a Wemo maker, I'll see your work soon.